Monday, January 12, 2009

Running around

So much to do, but so little time! Saturday we drove 4 hours to see a friend of mine and attend her baby shower. She is due next month and we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of little Natalie. Cate and I used to share a desk back when I first started working at Liberty. We met about a week after I got married. While H1 was gone that summer, we hung out a lot together after work, and continued to do so once H1 came back. In April 2007, she married Shawn and moved an hour west of Lynchburg, but still commuted there for work. I'd moved offices by then, so we didn't see each other as much but still tried to work out having lunch on a regular basis (often just bringing it from home and eating in our respective offices). Now we live about 4 hours apart but still try to keep up via email! She is a dear friend and I miss her.
Last Friday I finally bought tickets for H1, H3 and I to fly out to Washington April 11 - 18 (H1's Spring break). The catalyst behind the trip is my grandmother's health. She's not doing very well, and we're hoping she will still be there when we go. My uncle has let me know that if she is having a good day, she will recognize us, but there is a good possibility she won't know who we are. I haven't seen her in 19 years, and am really regretting having not made this trip sooner. We couldn't really afford it before, but should have found a way. Still, her condition has deteriorated pretty fast, and we couldn't have known it would be that way. Since she is in a nursing home, we'll be staying with Bethany, my former college roommate, who lives in Tacoma. I still need to call the airlines though and ask about some details for traveling with a baby. H3 will be 7 months old then.

Later today I'll be taking Peanut to the vet. About a week ago he started having some back pain, but we had to wait until payday to take him anywhere. He's had some pain before, but it seemed to be manageable. This time, it's come out of nowhere and he is absolutely pathetic. He's having trouble walking and often just sits and shakes. He can't wag his tail or anything because of the pain (I can tell because when he tried, he yelped and started crying). Even just tensing his body starts the crying all over again. By crying I mean an extended yelp that kind of sounds like a moan. It's really sad. Peanut is H1's dog, and he's about 8 years old.
After the vet trip, we'll stop by the middle school basketball game H1 is coaching. I'm hoping we'll be able to arrive at the start of the game, but we'll have to see how long the vet takes. The team has won 4/6 games so far this year. H1 really enjoys coaching, and the kids seem to like him too. I know the school does, since they've commented that's it's been years since they've had such structure for middle school basketball. I'm proud of him...just a little! :o)
On happier notes, Sams Club had blackberries on sale, so I am enjoying those. I'm almost done ordering prefold diapers for H1. I've been needing to finish that up for a while now. We wanted to go the first 3 months with disposables, just to help me adjust to even having a baby in the house, and then transition over to cloth. With everything going on at Christmas, I'm just now getting around to buying them! Now, off to go feed H3 and get her ready to leave....

No comments: