Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Breeze through January

We have had an unseasonably warm winter so far, with quite a few days in the 60s. On one such Saturday, H1 and I took H3 to a park for an hour in between shopping trips. H3 loves this tall slide!



A friend was kind enough to watch H3 for a Sunday afternoon and evening so H1 and I could go out for a movie and then dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. The Green Bay/NY Giants game was on that day. I’m a Packers fan and H1 is a Giants fan. It was a fun and relaxing date day for us!


Last weekend, one of my college roomies (Auntie Amber) came over and spent the night on Friday. Saturday morning I made cinnamon rolls—yes, homemade from scratch. They turned out quite yummy and fluffy, much to my delight. H1 is usually the baker of cinnamon rolls around here, so I was pretty happy with myself.



H3 has a set of blocks in her room that she loves to play with. She spent a while building towers with Auntie Amber.


Sunday after church found H1 and H3 back in her room, building towers yet again!



I am still substituting up at the middle school. Up until this week I was working as a second teacher in both 6th and 8th grade classrooms. This week was a testing week for the school, and next week I will be filling in for the Spanish teacher. After that, I’m not sure. I may be done at the school or I may still be substituting. That part is up in the air right now!
Progress towards closing on our new house is continuing fairly smoothly. There’s a contractor working on the house right now, and he plans to be done by Monday at the latest, which is in plenty of time for the Feb. 10th scheduled closing. I’m getting a whole new bathroom out of all this, complete with a new tub and shower, and new tile that I even got to pick out! I was so surprised when we got a call last Friday, asking if we wanted the original tile back in or if we wanted to pick out something new. Off H1 and I went to Lowes and found a nice new tile. I can’t wait to see everything in place! After closing, we’re planning to spend the rest of February painting and changing a few things before we move in at the end of the month. As soon as we get things ready, I’ll be taking pictures!

Ok, just a brief note since I’ve got to get dinner ready for my hungry family. Blessings!

~H2

No comments: