Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crazy week

Monday and Tuesday were spent in a flurry of cooking, laundry, and cleaning, although to look at the house now you wouldn't know it. Tuesday night was spent at a middle school basketball game H1 was coaching. H1's team won by 10 points. Wednesday H3 and I drove to Lynchburg. We arrived around 11 and went shopping at Wally-world for a few last minute Christmas presents for my nephews, then met a friend for lunch. Deana's father-in-law passed away last weekend and I wanted to meet with her and see how she was doing, along with her husband and mother-in-law. Kenneth died after a rough 5 year battle with cancer. He knew the Lord and what Deana told me is that he was ready to "go home and meet Jesus". After lunch, I visited my old office to chat, show off H3, and pick up a book for my dad. It was really good to see everyone. Although I don't miss working too much, I miss my friends from that office! I left a little before 4:00 and drove the 3 hours back home and made it back just before Josh arrived. I'd already planned for leftovers for dinner, so fortunately I didn't have to cook anything! I know a day will come when leftovers will be rare, but for now I will enjoy the occasional break when I arrive home late!



This week I've also been working on my resume and tentatively applying for a few different jobs. I don't have to go back to work, but it would be nice to get rid of the student loans we've accumulated. Payments for them are pretty high, and until they are gone things will be kinda tight. Gotta love the results of going to a private college!


Today I spent some time taking pictures of H3 for Christmas. I'm hoping to send a few out to my parents and of course use one for a Christmas card. H3 seemed confused by the camera at first, but then started laughing. She's such a sweetie and a very easy-going baby, most of the time.






















No comments: