Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving memories



Last Wednesday afternoon, H1, H3 and I set off for SC to see my grandfather and uncle. A drive that should have been around 5 1/2 hours took almost 7 hours between traffic and baby. Considering all things, it wasn't too bad of a trip, and H3 was great in the car. While we were there, we spent some time weeding the garden, and then raking leaves and putting them in the garden for mulch.



Grandpa and Uncle C. got to meet H1 for the first time, along with Ann and Buddy.










Thanksgiving dinner was ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans. We had everything gluten free for Uncle C., exept the pecan pie for dessert. Grandpa had requested it, and Josh makes a really good pie, so we made it up in VA and brought it down so we wouldn't have to worry about gluten contamination during the baking. Better than dinner though was the fact that our family was together. Grandpa looked a lot better than expected, and I hadn't seen my uncle since my grandmother's funeral. We had a good time chatting with Ann and Buddy as well. It was really good to see everybody, and I'm so glad we made the trip. Oh, and on a last note, it was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be, thanks to the drop in gas prices!












No comments: