Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back again!

We returned last night around 11pm from a quick weekend trip to OH to visit my folks. What a whirlwind--but a good one! Friday was my b-day, and in the morning H1 made me yummy pecan pancakes with peanut butter on top! A friend from church brought over some wood that he had cut down on his property so he and H1 spent some time getting it further chopped and situated. Then, H1, H3, and I went to lunch at Applebees. H1 had to leave at 2:00 to get ready for a football game that night, so I gave H3 a bath and she helped me pack (more like unpack what I was trying to pack) and we loaded up the car. H3 and I arrived at the game around halftime and then met up with H1 afterwards and at 10pm we set off for Ohio! The drive was pretty nice, actually. Very quite and little traffic. H1 and I took turns driving so both of us got some sleep (H3 slept the whole way) and we arrive around 8am. After breakfast and a nap for H3, we took a few minutes to celebrate a belated b-day for me and an early b-day for H3 before heading to the park by the lake (Erie). Dad grilled chicken for dinner and we accompanied it with corn-on-the-cob. Yum!
Sunday morning we visited my parents church (minus Mom because she wasn't feeling too good) and then returned for lunch. Mom was starting to feel better so we decided to visit the Cleveland zoo (so glad that my grandfather gave Mom a wheelchair so she is able to go to some places like this where she couldn't before). The zoo was a pretty decent size and the exhibits were laid out well--especially the Australian one. I don't think I've ever been that close to a kangaroo or a koala! H3 seemed to like the big cats (a.k.a. the tigers). Dinner was pizza and leftover cake and we went to bed early. Monday we pretty much just packed and chatted for a bit before leaving at 11am to head home. We were originally expecting to be home around 9:30 that night, but hit a few holiday traffic jams. Oh well. At least we made it back and H1 got a few hours of sleep before school today!
Today was the first day with the kids back in school. He said it went ok, but not as well as he was hoping. His schedule is a lot different than last year, so that will take some getting used to--if they will ever give him any details about what he's supposed to be doing! This week will be pretty busy for him. He has a game tomorrow night (Wed) and Friday night, and then Thursday night after football practice he's meeting H3, me, and a few friends at the park to celebrate H3's birthday. He'll only get to stay for about 30 mins though because he has worship practice at church too! Our worship leader is gone this Sunday so H1 is filling in.
I don't think H3 will be to offended about getting cake twice in one week. I hate to spoil her too much, but my parents really wanted to celebrate her birthday with her even though it was early and I wanted to at least do something the day of as well. I requested presence, as opposed to presents, at her little party. The park there is pretty nice and probably has the best playground I've ever seen. There's just a couple people coming...my college roommate Amber, and then our friends Dean and Robyn and their 3 girls. This is to celebrate that H3 is a year old and that H1 and I made it through our first year as parents. Hurray!

Below are some pictures from our trip.

H3 surprised us by making a dash up the stairs--her first time climbing them since we don't have any!

Getting a ride on Daddy's shoulders

Dad and Mom, H1 and H3

Opening her birthday presents

Mom and H3 at the park

Dad grilling chicken

H3 getting some cake!

H1 and H3 with the cake before it was eaten


1 comment:

Mrs. Taffy said...

Wonderful! Love all the pictures! Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl! I can't wait to read the post about her party (hint...hint...)! I still can't get over H1's hair...I don't know if I would have recognized him! LOL! You two are awesome parents and I can't wait until the Lord blesses you again! Then the fun really begins! Hugs from MN!