Thursday, January 7, 2010

Confession time

They say confession is good for the soul, right? Well, here's mine. I hate filing paperwork. When bills arrive, I open them, write a check for what I need to, then shove the rest back in the envelope and stick it on top of the filing cabinet. Old pay stubs, letters from the insurance company, and receipts from online bills find their way to the pile too. Pretty sad, isn't it? 2-3 times a year, I finally get sick of the huge pile of envelopes staring at me and I go through everything and file them, as is the case today. Today though, I decided to burn all the envelopes and other trash afterwards, which is the picture below. The fire was a lot bigger than that to begin with! H1 finds it amusing that I can be so obsessive about vaccuuming (which I do 1-2 times a day) and can't stand a single dog hair on the floor, but yet I'll let that stack pile up for months at a time. Oh well. At least I know that if I'm looking for something, it's gotta be in that pile somewhere. Maybe one year I will make a resolution to keep that pile at bay and file everything when it comes, but I don't think that will be this year!




~H2

2 comments:

Carissa Blanchard said...

haha! Love it! I'm obsessive about vacuuming the floor too! funny! I'm glad you confessed, Mike is the same way, if it weren't for me he would buried in his papers! The thing I can't stand doing is cleaning the bathtub, I probably do it once every 3 months...ahhh! The rest of the bathroom is sparkling though--out of sight out of mind (or behing the shower curtain)! Right?!

Laura said...

You're in good company! I too have a stack of paper in the corner. It just grows and grows until I can't stand it any longer. Why is it that we can be so organized and productive in one area and completely discombobulated in another?!?! LOL