Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blueberry Picking and Jam

I confess that I've been spoiled. For the last few years that we have been picking blueberries at this particular farm, it's been $1 - $1.50 per pint. They have been some of the sweetest blueberries I've ever eaten. It's a family owned farm and we love the place!  This year, I felt a bit of a whine begin when I saw they had raised the price to $2 a pint. Still, I decided it was worth it to go and pick a few. Auntie Amber came with us.


Mommy, I'll pick it but I sure won't eat it!

Auntie Amber and Amberlyn at our orchard



When we got home, I decided to spend a couple hours making blueberry jam. I've never made it before, and I have to say that it turned out a lot better than I was anticipating! Yummm!

I use a recipe from pickyourown.org, and I've always found that website to be one of the best for tips on canning and freezing, not to mention finding local farms!

~H2



No comments: