Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just a quick update

Well, it's almost that time of year. On Sunday, 3 days from now, we head up to NY for the summer to work at the Boy Scout camp again! H1 will be the waterfront director (4th year in a row now, I think) and this year I'm switching from lifeguard to assistant health director. Woohoo! H3 gets to hang with me all day while I check on little scouties and hand out medicine when needed. 8 weeks of living on a lake in the Adirondacks and getting paid for it! Can't beat that!

In the meantime, I'm almost done unpacking the house. It's been quite the challenge to unpack since I'm also repacking for the summer at the same time (had to unpack in order to find the stuff that I needed to pack). My EMT course finished two nights ago and tonight I'm heading out to take the state test. I'm really praying this goes well. If God has brought me this far and this is the job He wants our family to have this summer, I have to believe He is going to give me the strength, patience, and clarity of mind to get through this. I'm still nervous though!

H1 has his last day of school tomorrow. Yesterday and today were both half days, and tomorrow is a field day. It's been a good school year for him, but we know some hard changes will be going on next year. Two of his good friends have left for other teaching jobs, including one of the other PE teachers. We're praying that they will bring in a good replacement for this guy, and it would be great if he and H1 would get along well, since they will have to share an office!

Well, he should be on his way home right about now so my EMT partner and I can leave, so I'd better get ready. Hopefully I will have the test results soon and can celebrate!

~H2

1 comment:

Carissa Blanchard said...

You are going to do great! I'll be praying for you too! I can't wait to hear the results! Hugs to you!