Friday, May 14, 2010

Putting the house back together

Except for one more little metal plate to tack down the carpet in a closet, everything is done!!!!! They came in and finished yesterday at 2:30. We're slowly getting everything back in place. I'm throwing out a lot of stuff too, since there's a lot of clutter that we don't need and is getting in the way now. I'm really looking forward to having everything put away. Last night I made pizza dough, and it was the first time I'd done any real cooking/baking in my kitchen in several weeks. Hopefully I'll get to do a lot more of that in the next few weeks, before we leave for the summer.


The master bedroom when we started pulling up the original carpet--you can see the old stuff in the corner, and the damaged hardwood.


The bedding piled in the living room


The kitchen area turned to storage for a day


As did my laundry room


Pretty new carpet!


Most of the master bedroom


There was a small bedroom that got carpet in it too, which is going to be my craft room/storage area, but that room is so small it's impossible to get a good picture of it. It's a weird "T"-shape too!

I'm so glad it's finished. Over half of our house has new flooring right now, so it almost feels like a brand new house. The process was a bit painful, but it feels very worth it, not to mention that it's safe now without all that mold!

~H2

1 comment:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Nice! So happy for you! You mentioned leaving for the summer...any news for my guys? :o) Not to be a pest or anything...