Monday, May 10, 2010

What to say? Two days after the gross moldy flooring was revealed, my dear friends Dean and Robyn invited H3 and I to come stay with them until the new subfloor was put it. It took about a week before renovation resumed. During that time, I did come back to the house for a couple hours at a time to babysit Aubrey, the sweet granddaughter of my EMT testing partner, Selena. She and H3 get along quite well and had lots of fun playing in H3’s room, with the kitchen area closed off so the moldy fumes didn’t spread in the house.

H3 playing with plastic Easter eggs---cereal pieces were hidden underneath

H3 and Aubrey


Last Saturday morning, H1, Robyn, and I decided to take all the girls to Busche Gardens. We didn’t tell them where we were going until we arrived. Were they ever excited!
Even without knowing where they were going, Julie got into the spirit of things…maybe in response to Robyn’s driving? Just kidding Robyn!

Robyn with Julie and Natalia

H3 enjoying the water park portion in the Sesame Street Forrest area

H3 and Julie riding the little Clydesdale ride

To my delight, my friend Kristina came to visit from Florida on Friday—even though my house was a mess! I took her to Williamsburg and put her in the stocks. I’m a nice friend huh? Seriously though, we had a wonderful time catching up. I got to go to her wedding in July 2007, but other than that we haven’t had a chance to get together since college graduation.

And now for the fun part! Renovations have resumed! Last Wednesday (the 5th) the contractor came in to start on the subfloor. Between that day and Thursday morning, he got it done. So below is what my kitchen and laundry room look like now.

Today is May 10th. It’s been 2 weeks since the floor was torn up in my kitchen. We’ve been dealing with lots of clutter with everything relocated right now. I’m so thankful for Dean and Robyn opening their home to us. Thanks to them, H3 and I were able to avoid living in the mess for most of the time. H1 had to stay there except for weekends though, because of his job. Still, his exposure was very limited, and that was the goal. This morning, there is a guy laying down a layer on top of the subfloor. If all goes as planned, they will be putting down the rest of the floor tomorrow and the kitchen, laundry room, and one bathroom will be done. Later this week will start the master bedroom and one other room having the floor torn up and replaced with carpet. The end may be in sight! I’m just praying that it will go more smoothly from here. H3 has done really well with the major detours from her normal schedule, but she does seem out of sorts! I'm so looking forward to the end result of all of this!

On another happy note, the weather has been incredibly gorgeous here! We've been spending a lot of time outside enjoying it! For all weeks that this could have happened, at least God gave us sunshine!

Back to babysitting a six month old today, more updates to come this week!


No comments: