Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What a Difference

I have a floor!!!!!!!!!!!! They completed the laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen yesterday. Hurray! Below is the kitchen area before furniture, and with furniture (obviously facing away from the cabinets, stove, sink, and fridge!). We're still moving some things around, but it will at least give you an idea of the space.





I'm so relieved. I love having my kitchen back! This morning a plumber came by and changed the connection for the dishwasher, so hopefully we won't have any more issues with that either.

Now I'm just counting down the hours until my house changes again. Tomorrow morning the master bedroom and the small bedroom are getting torn up and new carpet put in, so tonight H1 and I will be moving all the furniture out of those rooms. I'm babysitting today, so we want to wait until the little guy goes home before we start moving things. Since there is a regular hardwood floor underneath the current carpet, there's not much concern for running into the same issues that we had in the kitchen, or at least there isn't at this point. We're praying things will go smoothly!

This weekend we'll concentrate on trying to get everything back in place. I'm looking forward to it!

~H2

2 comments:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I can literally feel your relief! You get new carpet too? It's going to feel like a new house!

By the way...I think that was the best coffee I've ever had! The blueberry flavor was amazing! I never knew coffee could taste like that. Pass the compliment on to your friend!

JJ said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I will let her know! :o)