Friday, August 24, 2012

Little Apple Pies and Enjoying Outside

After going to my friend's last weekend and making mini apple pies in her mini muffin pan, I decided to make little personal apple pies in a regular muffin pan this week.  They turned out very yummy!  You know, baking anything with apple makes me think of Fall.  I think Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love the coolness, the colorful leaves, baking more...ok, done with that rabbit trail....




The weather has been a lot better lately. No days in the high 90s and low 100s for the last week!  We've been able to spend more time taking walks and playing in the backyard a bit. I was outside with H3 and H4 yesterday and happened to look toward the back of our property.  There was a flock of over 20 turkeys in our backyard!  You can see quite a few of them in this picture, though some of them had already disappeared in the woods by the time I got close enough to take the picture.  At times like these I really wish I had a camera with a good zoom lens.




H1 has a football game tonight, but wasn't required to go into work at the school today. He had to report for football at 2:00 this afternoon.  For this morning, we decided to take a drive to a "local" park (anything "local" for us is at least a 30 minute drive).  H3 really needed to burn off some energy.  Just minutes after we arrived, two buses pulled up from a local church preschool. Scores of children just her age.  Jackpot!  I know, it seems a bit sad to be so excited about such a thing, but when I pull up to a play area and I see tons of kids, I get excited.  H3 is very social and loves finding someone to play with.  






Looking at these pictures is making me realize how long H3's legs are!  Oi!  I'm going to start pulling out some different shorts for this kid.  She hit another growth spurt again this summer and I think we're going to have to change sizes pretty soon.  Back in the earlier spring she was still wearing a 4, and now these size 5's are looking a little small!  I saw a post of Facebook recently about her cousin, who just turned 4.  He had his check-up this week and is a little over 47 inches tall and 48 lbs.  I'll be interested to see where H3 compares at her appointment a month from now.  My firstborn baby is almost 4!

We ended our family time with lunch at Chick-fil-A, at which H3 found another little girl her age to play with in the kids area!  They really have the best milkshakes. Yummmm.  H1 is now off to his game, which will start at 7pm, and I'm hanging out with my girls for the afternoon. I think popcorn will be on the agenda for dinner tonight.  I loved having popcorn for dinner when I was a kid, and we usually did that a couple times a month. Since H1 will have games every Friday night between now and mid November (and therefore will not be home for dinner), I'm thinking Friday nights will become our popcorn or cereal dinner nights.  Does anyone else have an "easy" dinner night tradition?

~H2

No comments: