Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Bed and Children's Museum

This past weekend, I attended an EMS conference. The conference lasted from Friday morning through Sunday morning, and I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of excellent speakers and I’m so glad I was able to go. My friend Nicole was so kind and watched H3 for me on Friday, and then H1 cared for her on Saturday and Sunday morning.

In the midst of our busy weekend, H3 was introduced to her new “big girl” bed. We were looking on craigslist and found a wonderful captains bed for her, which I believe I mentioned in a previous post. She loves it and we had no trouble whatsoever with the transition out of her crib. So here are the pictures!

Yesterday was a stressful day for H1 at work. He came home with a horrid headache and a sore throat after lot of yelling. This morning he was still exhausted and not feeling so hot, so he slept in for a while before I made him breakfast. Since he decided to stay home today, I invited him to join H3 and I on a trip to the Children’s Museum of Richmond. We had a wonderful time. H3 played for several hours, running from station to station and exploring everything! I know I uploaded quite a few pictures on here, and there are more on Facebook. We took so many!

There is a new location opening up in Portsmouth soon, in 50 days, to be precise, and I can't wait. We're contemplating a membership so we can go more often. The Portsmouth location is a lot closer and it would give us a fun place to hang out in the winter and on nasty days. The museum is designed for education, and I think H3 will enjoy going back again. I'm so grateful we were able to go.

H1 made a yummy dinner tonight--chili cheese dip to go with tortilla chips. I guess that's what he was in the mood for, since he'd volunteered to make it on the way home from Richmond. It was delicious!

H3 was so exhausted that she was in bed by 7:15 and asleep shortly after! A nice relaxing evening for us...with some laundry!


No comments: