Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Beginning of the Trip

Our home has been a whirlwind with packing and trying to get every last thing in before the big trip to NY. We have been visiting friends, going to festivals like Harborfest in Norfolk, and trying to assemble all the needed items for our cabin. One of my recent craigslist purchases was a bed rail to attach to H3's twin bed at camp, since she's no longer small enough for a crib or pack-n-play! Our little miss will have her own twin bed this year! I'll be taking pictures once we get that room set up, of course.

On Friday, I began a massive packing endevour. In the middle of it, in the middle of the day as well, the 18,000BTU unit in our bedroom stopped. I tried a few things to get it to restart, to no avail. That unit has breathed it's last. We only have one other large unit in the kitchen, and that one in our bedroom was responsible for the living room as well. Needless to say, the house was toasty on Friday. Thankfully, my landlord has agreed to replace it (he didn't have to, according to our rent contract) and he is going to do so while we are up in NY at camp. The new unit should be in when H1 returns August 1st!

Saturday morning we finished packing the car, took a deep breath and prayer, and started our long drive. It was a very long day. H3 was having a harder time in the car than usual, so we had to stop frequently. We finally arrived at my father-in-law's home at 9:30 in the evening. He is in Germany at the moment, so we are alone at the house for this weekend. On Monday (tomorrow) we'll head up to see H1's brother and his family for a day, and then make our way up to the camp on Tuesday.

My posts will be hit-and-miss, and I'm not sure how many pictures I'll be doing, but I shall try! Summer blessings to you!

~H2

1 comment:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Have a great summer cousin! H1 looks great all clean shaven. I hope this summer holds some great memories for your family. I'll be praying for you and sending my love!