Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Creative Week

Given this title, I suppose I should specify that I am not a creative person by nature. It takes effort for me!  I'm also not a huge fan of mess and chaos, which is the definition of a 4 year old with glitter. Still, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the activities of this week and I'll put up a separate post for my own craft of the week.

First off, it was chilly these week, but we still bundled up and went for a walk. I love H4's little hat and thought I should share her cute chubby cheeks.



One of our first projects of the week was to make Valentine's Day cards to send to the grandparents and H1's brother and sister.  H3 has really wanted to make these and has been asking me for the last couple weeks, so on Wednesday, I pulled out a lot of my Valentine's stamping/crafting materials and let her create whatever she wanted.






Here are a few of her results.


On Friday we rolled out some sugar cookie dough and set to work on our masterpieces.


I say masterpieces because H3 spends quite a bit of time sprinkling each cookie.



We had a lot of other enjoyable moments this week. On Monday we had swimming class, Tuesday was MOPS and another couple came over for dinner with their 2 kids, Wednesday was dance and church, and Thursday we went shopping for fabric with the two kids and mom from Tuesday, which led into my Friday craft.  (See next post).  It was a full and happy week for all of us, and I believe all of us are about back to normal with nobody being sick for the first time so far this year!

~H2

No comments: