Saturday, October 20, 2012

Applesauce!

This weekend was our follow-up of last weekend's apple adventure.  It's time to make applesauce!  This year's adventure was not nearly as arduous as the previous year.  We only canned 27 quarts and two pints this year (as opposed to 64 quarts and 30-something pints last time).  I have to say, the kitchen in our new house is much more conducive to this whole process. My stove works a lot better--all four burners function, imagine that!  There's a lot more space too, so H1 and I are not tripping over each other constantly while we're working.


Apple chopping station

Yummy applesauce

My wonderful squeezo 

It took us around 6 hours to complete everything this afternoon.  I have to say that the results are quite delicious!  I'm looking forward to seeing H4's reaction in a few months when she gets to taste it. H3 has always loved homemade applesauce.  It was a fun day for all of us.

~H2


No comments: