Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Four-Year-Old Perspective of Trouble

I made a mistake tonight.  I was giving H3 a bath and left the bathroom for a moment to check on the baby, check on the pasta boiling on the stove, and take the sheets from the dryer to my bedroom. All of this can be done within a 15 foot radius of the main bathroom and it took me less than 3 minutes.  I came back to water covering my bathroom floor and H3 in the process of pouring more out of her bath!  "Why on earth?" I asked her in a rather agitated voice.  "I wanted to make a lake!"  REALLY?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?  A lake.  Yes, that's what my four-year-old was dreaming of. Shame on me for turning my back, but seriously, she does know better.  I have a rather amusing video of her response on my phone, complete with tears after realizing that I wasn't happy with her lake, but for whatever reason the sound doesn't transfer from my phone.  I just felt I needed to share my delightful evening. Hope yours is splendid!

~H2

No comments: