Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fruit Salad Recipe

A week ago I was brainstorming for some desert ideas and realized that in the nearly 8 years I've been married to H1, not once have I made my family's favorite fruit salad.  Last night we were having salmon burgers (one of the few random foods that H3 actually likes to eat) and veggies, and I thought the fruit salad would be a nice addition.


Look yummy?  Well, here's the recipe!



~Family Favorite Fruit Salad~

Ingredients
4 small apples, chopped into bite-sized pieces (we like red delicious)
1 large can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
1 large can fruit cocktail, drained
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 tub whipped topping (I use lite)

Optional:
6-7 large strawberries, sliced
2 bananas, cut into chunks

Directions
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to eat.  Yummy and easy! I usually sprinkle some lemon juice on the apples before mixing everything together to help them keep better (same for bananas). Also, I used the no-sugar added canned fruit.

This is after we've eaten some. The recipe should make at least 8 servings!



No comments: