Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I See You

This morning I loaded up the girls in the van and headed to the bi-monthly MOPS group I attend.  While I always enjoy my time with this group of ladies, today I feel like I received a bonus from my Heavenly Father in the form of a reminder of what's important.  The last few days have been really tough for us. H3 has had a lot of....emotional drama....for a lack of a better word for it.  H1 has been under a lot of pressure at work, and the combination of multiple events going on has left me feeling a bit frazzled, to say the least.

At the beginning of our meeting, a mom who has three little ones (one brand new, the others still at the pre-school age) opened up with a word of prayer and a few stories from her life this week. One of the things she reminded us about is that even on the worst days, we can find something good that happened. Something beautiful in the middle of chaos. Friday was one of the worst displays of temper I have ever witnessed in my older daughter (and it was pretty much an all-day event), but I can say that I did witness one thing beautiful. Sitting at the health department, I saw my little girl willingly share her toys with another child. The other girl walked in, and H3 turned and asked me if she could share her toys and play with the girl. The little girl's aunt and I were both grateful as our kids played happily during the long wait. I was so proud of my daughter's desire to share. It was a sweet moment in the midst of a not-so-pleasant day.

A few moments later, our pastor's wife shared a devotion and then a video. When it started, I was interested, but it wasn't until a couple minutes in that I started to feel a few tears threatening. I noticed other moms with the same teary-eyed look. I want to share it with you as well. It's just shy of 6 minutes, but it's very encouraging to a mother's heart. I hope you are touched through this.

Nicole Johnson - The Invisible Woman

~H2

No comments: