Friday, May 25, 2012

Experimental Lunch


I can admit that when it comes to food, I'm a bit skittish. When I've been in other countries, I have no problem eating the food in front of me, or any type of food at a friend's house here.  That's never an issue.  My dilemma comes when I am faced with the idea of buying something that I usually don't get and preparing it in my own home.  Today's case?  Kale.  I have avoided kale like the plague.  Frankly, it just looks completely unappealing sitting there on the shelf in the produce section.  Something about stiff, crinkly leaves and the promise of a bitter flavor has had me avoiding it.  Recently on Pinterest, I saw a recipe for Kale chips.  On a whim, I mustered a bit of determination and bought kale yesterday during my shopping trip and today I made kale chips for lunch to go along with my orange.  Though I will put less salt on them in the future, I have to say that I was pretty impressed.  I have serious doubts that H1 or H3 would even consider trying them, but I'll certainly try them again.




~H2


No comments: