Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It's Memorial Day weekend, a time to take a few moments and remember those who have given their lives for the freedom that we enjoy.  Our family has taken some time to do that.  We've also tried to take advantage of the 3-day weekend that H1 had to spend some time together.  H1 needed a haircut, so Saturday was spent in Williamsburg, first picking up the new bed for H4, and then the haircut, and finally meeting up with my friend Robyn and her girls for ice cream at Sweet Frogs.  Sweet Frogs has amazing frozen yogurt!  We also browsed through Barnes and Noble.  It's always fun to look at the books, even if none came home with us.

Sunday after church, we came home for hot dogs and working on the house.  We did take the late afternoon off to enjoy the warm weather outside.  H3 had a great time in her swimming pool and she was laughing up a storm the whole time.

A picture of the whole pool.  My parents gave her a slide last year and it fits perfectly into the pool!





She loves lining up the duckies alongside the pool, and playing with her watering can.  Most days she brings it out to the garden to help me water the plants.

We did finally get a garden hose for our garden.  Due to the distance of our backyard, we needed over 200 feet of hose.  H1 took some time today (Monday) to line it up nicely on the reel.  



This is one of my two hydrangea bushes that H1 and H3 gave me for Mother's Day.  I love seeing them in my backyard!

For dinner tonight H1 made his amazing hamburgers.  They are a turkey burger with pieces of mushroom and black olives mixed in, along with some ketchup and a number of spices.  These burgers are one of my favorites!  We had corn-on-the-cob to go along with them, and some potato salad that I made earlier today.  To top it off, I made cherry cheesecake fudge brownies.

This was a snapshot of our weekend.  Blessings!

~H2