Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Belated Father's Day Pictures

This is a very late posting, but I wanted to share our Father's Day weekend with you.  We were very blessed to have H1's dad (called Dad or Pop-pop) with us for that weekend.  He got in on Thursday, and we spent Friday at Busch Gardens.  Martin, Dad's exchange student from Sweden, wanted to go and check out the roller coasters.  It's a tradition for us to take the exchange students to BG at least one time before they go home. Pop-pop even rode some of the rides with H3!



The cast from one of the shows


Pop-pop with H3 and H1


I had to run a few errands on Saturday, so we stopped to have pizza and hot dogs at Sam's Club while we were out.

I wish I had thought to take pictures of our early Father's Day dinner. I treated H1 and Pop-pop (a.k.a. Dad) to dinner at Logan's, a favorite restaurant of H1 and we rarely get the opportunity to go. We had a nice time and the food was delicious!


Sunday morning, H3 wanted to get dressed up to celebrate "Daddy's Day".

The hair

On Father's Day, H1 had asked our pastor to play a special song at church, called "Lead Me".  I didn't know he was playing it and had never heard it, but listening to him share his heart and then sing had both his dad and I in tears.  If you haven't heard the song, you should listen.  Lead Me   After the service, our church celebrated Father's Day with a pig pickin'.  We stayed and enjoyed hanging out with our church family.  I think this was Dad's first pig pickin', or at least his first Southern style one.  He had a great time!  Again, no pictures.  I had my camera and forgot to pull it out!

Monday morning we said goodbye for now.  He's planning to come back and visit again after H4 is born. I am blessed with wonderful in-laws, and love seeing them every chance I get!

~H2

No comments: